SMS Text Alerts
You can sign up for hold alerts, courtesy reminders and overdue reminders via text message.
Some things that you should know about this service:
- It's Real Time - Texts are sent throughout the day, as soon as information about your account becomes available (email notices are sent once a day).
- It's Supplemental - Text alerts are in addition to the other notices that are sent. You will still receive scheduled email or phone notices along with text alerts.
- Each cell phone number can only be used once - Family members can't use the same number for text alerts for different library cards (unlike email addresses which can be used by multiple library card accounts).
- Items can be renewed using SMS text - Once you have signed up for the service, you can renew items using SMS text - as long as they are eligible for renewal. See instructions below.
- Text alerts can be activated - or deactivated - at any time through your account - log in at gailborden.info/account and click on the Modify Personal Info button.
Here's a step-by-step outline of the process for signing up:
- Go to gailborden.info/account and log in to your library account.
- Once logged in, click on the Modify Personal Info button - - that is below the name and address block on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Check the "Opt in" box for SMS Library Alerts and click on the Submit button.
- You will receive a text message requesting a reply to complete the subscription.
- Reply YES to the text message.
- You will receive a text message confirming that your subscription is active.
SMS Text Renewals
If you are signed up for SMS Text Alerts, you can renew all items that are eligible for renewal.
To do this:
- Text RENEW or RENEW ALL to 35143.
- Check for a text response which will inform you of two possible results:
- At least one item was renewed successfully.
- No items were renewed successfully.
Note: If you have successful renewals, consider double-checking the due dates in your online account when you have access and time.