Free monthly delivery is provided to anyone who lives in the Gail Borden Public Library District and has a temporary or permanent illness or disability, or is unable to visit the library. Contact Sarah Vetter, Home Services Associate, at 847-429-4599 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Screened volunteers or Gail Borden staff will bring or return up to 8 items per month.
- Both reading and listening materials may be requested.
- No fines are charged for overdue items, but customers are responsible for lost items.
- If you do not have a Gail Borden library card, an application can be brought upon the initial visit. Your card will then be held at the library while you are enrolled in the services.
- Home service patrons may phone the Information Desk for general reference assistance to questions. We can telephone, fax, mail, or deliver the requested information to the customer.
Download the flyer.
Items available for delivery
- Large type books
- Regular type books
- Fiction Bestsellers
- Nonfiction Bestsellers
- Science fiction
- Nonfiction selections
- Children's and teen titles
- Audiobooks on CD
- Audiobooks on Playaway
- Music CDs
- Computer Software
- Art prints
- Assistive Reading Equipment such as magnifiers or Adapt-A-Lap
- Kindle Touch (limited availability and selection)